Premier Technologies Pty Ltd and its related entities (referred to as Premier, we or our) are committed to the protection of your Personal Information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
- What is “Personal Information”?
“Personal Information” is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information is true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not.
- What Personal Information do we collect and hold?
Premier may collect and hold Personal Information such as your name, gender, date of birth, contact details (including your address, phone numbers and emails, whether personal or for work), financial information, payment details, bank account details, tax file number and/or products and services information and preferences.
- Why do we collect Personal Information?
- Premier collects Personal Information from customers, employees, contractors and other individuals that is reasonably necessary for one of more of our functions or activities, including: in order to allow us to conduct our business functions, to meet any regulatory requirements which apply to our business, to market and sell our products and services and to conduct employee related activities.
- You have the option to deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However you acknowledge that where this is impractical (for example when you contract with us) or where the law or a court order provides otherwise we are not required to provide these options to you.
- If you choose not to provide your Personal Information to Premier, we may not be able to undertake certain activities for you such as providing you with requested information, products or services.
- When and how do we collect Personal Information?
- Premier collects Personal Information when you: become an employee of Premier, visit our Website, supply or buy products or services, request information about us or our products or services, provide feedback, respond to a survey, change your content or email preferences, contract with us, fill in a form on our Website, or contact us by telephone, facsimile, email, post or in person.
- Premier may also collect Personal Information about you via third parties including from our suppliers and merchants.
- In some circumstances we may receive Personal Information that we have not requested. If this occurs, we will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act. You acknowledge that we may de-identify and/or destroy this information unless we are required to keep it by law.
- Information collected via our Website
- Premier will not collect any Personal Information about users of our Website except when they knowingly provide it or as otherwise described below. For example, Premier may collect Personal Information from users of the Website when they:
- complete an online form; and/or
- otherwise correspond with Premier.
Click Stream Data
- When you visit and browse our Website, our Website host may collect Personal Information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes. Subject to clause 4, the Personal Information collected by our Website host will not be used to identify you. The information may include:
- the number of users visiting our Website and the number of pages viewed;
- the date, time and duration of a visit;
- the IP address of your computer; or
- the path taken through our Website.
- Premier’s Website host uses this information to administer and improve the performance of our Website.
- Cookies are small text files that are transferred to a user’s computer hard drive by a website for the purpose of storing information about a user’s identity, browser type or website visiting patterns.
- If you access our Website, a cookie is downloaded onto your computer’s hard drive when you first log on to our Website. You can adjust your internet browser to disable cookies, however Premier may not be able to provide you with all the service or functionality you require on our Website if you choose to do so.
- Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. Premier may use web beacons to collect aggregate data and provides this information to our Website host to administer and improve the performance of our Website.
- We may use Google and/or other third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on our Website. They may collect anonymous information about your visits to our Website (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number), and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use information about your visits to the Website and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services in order to provide more relevant advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- How Premier uses the Personal Information it collects about you
- Premier uses the Personal Information it collects about you for our business functions and activities, which may include the following:
- to provide you with information, products or services you have requested;
- to promote and market our products and services to you;
- to personalise and customise your experiences on our Website;
- to help Premier research the needs of its customers;
- to conduct research for the purposes of improving existing products or services or creating new products or services;
- to provide you with ongoing information about Premier and its activities;
- to allow us to provide third party information and offers in which we believe you may be interested;
- to comply with regulatory or other legal requirements;
- for purposes related to the employment of our personnel and providing internal services to our staff; and
- for any other purpose communicated to you at the time that the Personal Information was collected or for which you provided your consent.
- Premier may use your Personal Information for a secondary purpose if that secondary purpose is related to those purposes in clause 1, if we have your consent or if otherwise provided for under the Privacy Act.
- Premier may use your Personal Information to provide you with direct marketing materials if you would reasonably expect us to or if you consent to receive direct marketing materials. We will seek your consent to provide you with direct marketing materials if we have obtained your Personal Information from a third party. Direct marketing material may include promotional material about Premier or the products or services offered by Premier.
- You may opt out of receiving direct marketing material by contacting us in any of the ways specified in the direct marketing materials or as set out in clause 13.