Geelong Football Club kick their customer service goals with Premier Contact Point
The Geelong Football Club is an Australian sporting institution. Formed in 1859, they are one of the oldest operating AFL clubs. With over 60,000 members, the popular club represents a long history of generational success and a championship pedigree.
The club was challenged by massive bursts of member calls, particularly around finals and membership renewal season.
Their on-premise contact centre technology was not able to easily scale to handle the volume of calls. This meant they had no idea how many calls they were missing. Nor was the club able to provide additional contact channels like web chat to ease the burden on call queues.
The Premier Contact Point Avalanche IVR was implemented to instantly scale in response to significant spikes in inbound call volumes. Callers were told about longer than usual queue wait times and were provided with options on how to get in touch with member services.
These options included directing callers to the club’s website to request a callback, or engage a member services agent via webchat.
Premier’s no-code, real-time and historic BI reporting tools were also deployed to improve overall customer experience and better
manage agent rostering.
- Customer experience improved with more members being connected with agents, resulting in a significant reduction in unhappy members who previously experienced an engaged signal for hours on end.
- Premier’s Insights Manager provided transparency into call volumes and arrival patterns enabling management to engage in forward resource planning.
- The cloud solution supported by local contact centre experts helped eliminate the need for the club’s IT team to manage on-premise hardware.
Is your organisation gearing up for a CX Transformation project? Book a discovery session
What our customer say
Book your 30-minute discovery session
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Review of your current solutions to identify potential opportunity gaps
- A walk-through of the most relevant aspects of Premier contact point for your organisation
- Action plan to migrate to Premier Contact Point